Vibrant Iron On Patches made in Mexico.
These Patches are full of color and Vibrant. Made in the heart of Mexico.
Material: Thread, Cotton
Embroidered Patch (Iron On)
Measures: 3” x 4”
Color of flowers may vary
What you’ll need:
Grab an iron, an ironing board, your desired patch, a thin piece of fabric like a pillowcase or sheet to protect your clothing and patch from the heat, and the piece(s) of clothing you want to customize.
- Before you start ,it’s good to know that iron-on patches don’t work super well on certain fabrics, like nylon, rayon, leather, or waterproof materials. In that case, you might want to actually sew them on instead. They DO work great on cotton and polyester.
- Heat up your iron. You want it to be on its highest heat setting in order for the patch to adhere properly to the item. (No Steam!)
- Plan your design. Lay out your piece of clothing on the ironing board and place the patch in the spot where you want to stick it. The adhesive side (i.e., the side without the design) should be flat against the fabric. If you’re ironing it on shoes or a hat—or other things that don’t lie flat—stuff the insides with towels. This way, when you press on the patch with an iron later, it is as close to the fabric as possible and doesn’t shift around.
- Place a thin cloth over the front of the patch. This will act as a barrier between your patch and the iron to protect the fabric of your clothing from the heat.
- Iron on that patch. Okay, it’s go time. Place the iron over the patch and cloth and hold it there for 30 seconds
- Flip and repeat steps 3 and 4. Once the patch is fixed to your clothing, turn it inside out and lay it flat on the ironing board again. Place your pressing cloth or pillowcase over the backside of the patch and repeat step 4. If you’re ironing them on something that’s difficult to flip inside out apply the iron directly on the patch for a second round.